Monday, May 6, 2013

Supermarine Spitfire MKIA (Composite-01)


The first picture is from a 1/32 scale model that I build last year. It’s a Spitfire MK1A from 609 “West Riding” Squadron, Middle Wallop depicted during the Battle of Britain September 1940. You can build models in various conditions. Usually I tend to showcase them in museum restored conditions but for this one I decide to weathered it in battle situation. The model is 30cm long and I photograph it on a table in the same angle as the intended background. I then needed a grass field with a European look. (There were no runways during WWII ). Therefore I went right away to the back of the Concordia University Loyola campus to take a picture of the soccer pitch that would pass for a vintage airport. Doing the two photos in a short interval made it that the light stayed the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment