Sunday, October 6, 2013

This is how I saw it....

I felt quite satisfy with the result of that first try at what I was trying to achieve. But of course the first time you try something it is more a discovery process, the second time you quite know where you are going and on the third time you really are starting to get the exact result that you are looking for. So I will try to do it again soon.  What I really liked about it is the artistry that comes with adding lights. After the “official” starting point with the right numbers of ISO/100, f/7.1 and 1/200sec. you can see that by modifying those settings, changing the position of the lights, the model and the camera you achieve different results. The fact that we started with a bright sunshine and ended up with an overcast sky also altered the picture. I used two lights and a Nikkor 18-105 lens for the wall shots, one light and a Sigma 85mm fix lens for the garden shots. This type of photography also confuses the auto settings of the post-processing software so all adjustments have to be done manually.

No comments:

Post a Comment