Sunday, November 3, 2013

Self Assessment Fall 2013_A#3 Food Industry Photography.

Food photography….mmmm….food photography. It has to look good. A nice photo is not enough. When I look at the final picture what do I say to myself ?... do I want to eat that stuff? So the choice of props or accessories, the set up and the composition are very important. The Idea that I had of using the stage worked perfectly for a straight down picture. With the food on the floor of the stage near the edge I put the softbox level with the composition and had my tripod also on the stage to give me the equivalent height of around 2 meters. I used a zoom lens and I shot at f11, 1/125th, ISO 100 to get everything sharp, clean and crisp. I used some reflective cards at various distances to soften the shadows without getting any flatness. The chosen picture is the result of the 6th variant of the original composition.

No comments:

Post a Comment